For those of you who’ve been wondering where I’ve been…well, I was originally going to take a month or two off after As You Like It closed. I didn’t have any other gigs lined up, and thought it’d be nice to spend extra time with The Companion. She had just finished doing a show as well, and we were looking forward to some downtime together.
Then, I got four offers I couldn’t refuse. Now I’m tentatively booked into the winter of 2009. So much for downtime. Thank goodness The Companion loves me and is so understanding.
More on the other three offers as they come up. For now, I’d like to shamelessly publicize the first one, which opens on Thursday of this week. This show is unlike anything I’ve ever done before and has been a terrific artistic challenge thus far. If you’ve ever had a hankering to see me be a slapstick-ish singing-and-maybe-dancing vaudevillian, here’s your chance. Details follow below…
No Applause, Just Throw Money: The Show That Made Vaudeville Famous
Based on Trav S.D.‘s critically acclaimed book, No Applause, Just Throw Money: The Book That Made Vadueville Famous
Featuring Master of Ceremonies Trav S.D. and the following attractions:
*Original songs by Trav S.D. and Rachel Kaufman
* Silent films by Kevin Maher, host of the AMC series The Sci Fi Department
* Leela Corman as “Salome,” performing The Dance of the Seven Veils
* Chanteuses Raven Snook and Goddess Pearlman
* Pantomimist Maggie Cino as “Factota”
* Original comical sketches by Trav S.D. performed by our Artistic Ensemble: Danny Bowes, Michael Criscuolo, Fred Masson, Pete McNamara, and Art Wallace
PLUS! Special guest appearances from the cream of New York’s variety community!
And many many more surprises!!!